Shell's differentiated fuels are the result of extensive research and testing both in F1 races and under typical daily driving conditions.
Motorists are looking for advanced fuels to help: increase their car's performance, achieve optimum combustion, and consequently fuel economy, and reduce emissions. Over the years, Shell has performed road trials equivalent of going round the world thousands of times. That's why you can always be sure that, from refinery to road, our fuels are top quality. This is Shell's seal of approval.
So, next time you fill up, make sure it's at a Shell branded retail station!
Shell Dynaflex Technology
Shell scientists have developed the new DYNAFLEX technology for diesel and gasoline engines to create our most advanced fuels
What does DYNAFLEX technology mean:
- DYNAFLEX technology is the name for our latest generation of advanced formulas for gasoline and diesel fuels.
- Since gasoline and diesel differ from each other, we have developed unique DYNAFLEX formulas for each type of fuel.
- Modern engines are becoming more efficient. As a result, fuels are exposed to heavier conditions (such as higher temperatures, engine load and pressures), which reduces performance and efficiency.
- When we refer to “DYNAFLEX Technology” we mean the complex blends which have been specially developed to maintain the engine efficiency through cleaning power and friction reduction.
- DYNAFLEX technology is enriched with powerful cleaning agents that keep essential parts of the fuel system clean and protect them from deposits that affect performance.1
- DYNAFLEX technology also contains new friction-reducing molecules that allow the piston system to run more freely in the heart of the gasoline engines, reducing energy waste in the form of heat. 2
How does DYNAFLEX technology work in engines?
Our challenge – Cleaning Deposits and Friction Reduction
Shell drew on over 100 years of experience in fuels research and development in order to design DYNAFLEX technology. Our most advanced fuels using DYNAFLEX technology are the result of extensive testing - over 3 million kms and more than 250 cars aiming to deal with the problems of reduced performance and efficiency.7
Car manufacturers worldwide aim for improved engine efficiency. Modern engines are getting smaller but retain a high-power output and often use new technologies, such as direct fuel injection and turbo, to achieve improved performance and efficiency. The main challenges of modern engines are hotter running, higher engine load and higher pressures.
In the course of time, deposits may develop in essential parts of the fuel system, such as fuel injectors in diesel engines and intake valves or injectors of fuel in gasoline engines. Scientists at Shell have developed DYNAFLEX technology to control the formation of performance-robbing deposits in essential parts of the fuel system.1
In addition, gasoline engines are susceptible to wasted energy through increased friction. Friction takes place between the pistons and the cylinder wall and it can cause up to 15% of an engine’s energy loss. DYNAFLEX Technology contains friction-reducing molecules which form a robust film instantly which can reduce friction under a wider range of conditions compared to our previous generation friction reducing technology.
Shell V-Power 100
Our most advance fuels with boosted DYNAFLEX technology and higher octane for improved engine performance and efficiency 5
Shell scientists have been using their passion and expertise to create our most advanced fuels.3 Shell V-Power 100 is the only fuel that has been developed by the Shell scientists together with the technical support from Ferrari.
Shell V-Power 100 with boosted DYNAFLEX Technology, is our most effective fuel at helping to restore engine cleanliness by removing deposits that have already formed. 3
DYNAFLEX technology is composed of powerful cleaning molecules that help to prevent and remove dirt deposits in the engine.1 Our advanced formula has been developed to operate under the extreme conditions of the fuel intake system and to remove up to 80% of performance-robbing deposits.6 This keeps the fuel intake system clean, allowing the engine to run better and improve the performance of your car.1
New Shell V-Power 100 with boosted DYNAFLEX technology contains 3x more friction-reducing molecules and 3x more cleaning molecules than Shell’s regular fuel, that improve efficiency and performance.4 These new friction reducing molecules have demonstrated better performance under tougher conditions on the highway as well as in the city. 4
Moreover, gasoline engines are susceptible to Knock effect caused from late ignition angle adjustment or abnormal combustions when run with low octane fuels. Our latest and most advanced Shell V-Power 100 enhanced octane fuel with boosted DYNAFLEX technology can help to deliver performance and efficiency benefits on all types of roads and driving.3
Shell V-Power Diesel
Our more advance fuels with boosted DYNAFLEX technology and GTL for improved engine performance.
Shell scientists have been using their passion and expertise to create our most advanced fuels and they have created the new Shell V-Power Diesel, which is designed to provide better engine performance and unique driving pleasure!
Usually, over time, deposits form in the fuel injection system, which may lead to loss of power and performance. Shell V-Power Diesel with DYNAFLEX technology is the solution to this problem since it is specifically designed to remove up to 80% of performance robbing deposits 6 and provide our best cleaning performance. Shell V-Power Diesel is our most effective fuel at helping to improving engine cleanliness by removing deposits that may have already formed.1
GTL for better performance
In addition, Shell V-Power Diesel has GTL. GTL (Gas to Liquids) is a special Synthetic component, developed exclusively by Shell's laboratories. Produced from natural gas, it is characterized by its exceptional cleanliness offering cleaner and more efficient combustion. It has also a much higher cetane number compared to regular diesel.
More Protection with Shell V- Power Diesel
Moreover, Shell V-Power Diesel has special anti-corrosive properties that prevent corrosion on the metal engine parts, antifoam properties for quicker and more effective refueling, and exceptional low-temperature properties that ensure optimal fuel performance even at very low temperatures.
Furthermore, the new Shell V-Power Diesel is environmentally-friendly due to its cleaner combustion.
Shell FuelSave 95
Shell FuelSave 95 with DYNAFLEX technology has advanced cleaning molecules which have been developed to keep clean parts of the fuel system, such as intake valves and fuel injectors. 1 Keeping the fuel system clean ensures engine efficiency while cleaner fuel inlet / fuel valves guarantee optimum engine performance.1
Our new Shell FuelSave 95 with DYNAFLEX technology incorporates new friction-reducing molecules designed to work instantly with a robust friction-reducing film over essential parts of the piston system.2 This allows them to move more freely over each other, reducing energy waste and maintaining engine efficiency. Our new Shell FuelSave 95 with DYNAFLEX technology enables better performance in tough conditions, both on the highway and in the city.3
Shell Fuelsave Diesel
In diesel engines, dirty injectors can contribute to inefficient combustion. Shell Fuelsave Diesel with DYNAFLEX technology contains new powerful and improved cleaning molecules that contribute to a cleaner injector.1 Tests have shown that Diesel engines using Shell Fuelsave Diesel with DYNAFLEX technology, experience significantly less power loss due to formation of deposits. In addition, the fuel injection system is cleaner, which helps to ensure greater engine performance. 1
At Shell retail stations, you can find the advanced technology lubricants Shell Helix and Shell Rimula, both for passenger vehicles with petrol engines and small diesel engines, and for professional drivers of vehicles with heavy-duty diesel engines.
Shell Helix for passenger vehicles
The Shell Helix lubricant range is suitable for petrol engines and small diesel engines. It contains the unique patented Shell PurePlus technology combined with the active cleansing technology. This unique combination means that the Shell Helix Ultra lubricant range can provide even higher levels of cleansing and performance - that lower cost base lubricants cannot achieve.
Thanks to this combination, in rigorous industrial testing on engines, Shell HelixUltra lubricants achieved 65% greater piston cleanliness, thus exceeding by far the minimum industry standards.
Superb Cleanliness / Wear and corrosion protection / Extended engine life / Fuel economy / Longer oil-change intervals
Shell Rimula for professional drivers
The Shell Rimula oil range, containing the new Dynamic Protection and Dynamic Protection Plus technologies, is designed for heavy-duty diesel engines.
The new Dynamic Protection Plus technology gives the engine outstanding wear protection both on- and off-road, and in all weather conditions, plus it is ideally suited for any temperature start up. It defends against acid and deposit build-up thus protecting the engine and extending its life as well as lengthening the oil-change intervals.
Choose Shell Rimula lubricants in order to Reduce maintenance costs and emissions / Minimize wear and deposits
- Helps to clean and protect key fuel system components such as intake valves and/or fuel injectors from the build up of performance robbing deposits. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style. No guarantees provided.
- Friction-reducing molecules help critical engine components. Actual effects and benefits may vary depending on the vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style. No guarantees provided.
- Compared with the previous formulation of Shell regular EuroSuper 95 fuel in demonstration tests. Friction-reducing molecules help critical engine components. No guarantees provided. Actual effects and benefits may vary depending on the vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style.
- Boosted compared to Shell EuroSuper 95 fuel in demonstration tests. Helps keep the main components of the fuel system, such as intake valves and / or fuel injectors, clean from performance-reducing dirt deposits. Friction-reducing molecules help critical engine components. 3x more molecules does not correspond to 3x more cleaning or friction reducing effect. No guarantees are issued. Actual effects and benefits may vary depending on the vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style.
- Boosted compared to Shell EuroSuper 95 fuel. Helps keep the most important parts of the fuel system, such as fuel injectors, clean from performance-reducing dirt deposits. Friction-reducing molecules help critical engine components. No guarantees are issued. Actual effects and benefits may vary depending on the vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style.
- Helps to remove performance robbing deposits from key fuel system components such as intake valves and/or fuel injectors. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle age, vehicle condition and driving style. No guarantees provided.
- Tests conducted since 2009 on European and Asian vehicles from a wide range of major manufacturers. Not all vehicles are available in Croatia.